Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Suburbia - Pet Shop Boys

-
Unknown

It seems like I've blathered about the Pet Shop Boys half a dozen times, recently. Apparently there's an 80s revival going on and, with the heavy synth and...how do I say this?...less-than-manly voice fad that leads to a lot of similarities. And so I thought I'd share today an example of the sound that so many new bands call to mind. This is part excuse for my late obsession with comparing everyone to them and part just the posting of a song I really like. This one was something of a theme song among the folks with whom I ran in my late teens, there in the metropolitan stretch along I-80 between San Francisco and Sacramento. Enjoy and do let me know if you think my relating so many songs to this sound is off-base.

My Latest Music Page Updates