Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Oreo Cookie Blues - Lonnie Mack

-
Unknown

You likely don't know that I can't stand Oreo cookies so you may not find it as odd as I do that Lonnie Mack's Oreo Cookie Blues delights me as much as it does. If you're a fan of the over-sweetened bundles of fattening goo, you might find this one even more entertaining than I do.

None of that is to say that Oreo Cookie Blues isn't a fantastic song. It is. Heck, it made me want an Oreo and I hate the things. Well, okay, it didn't but Lonnie Mack's in great, bluesy form here so you can enjoy the talent and the imagery without tying it to a particular dessert.

I can't help but wonder if he recorded the song at Nabisco's behest, seeing as he so prominently mentions both the brand and the product name. Even if he didn't, I'd have found a way to use the song in commercials by now if I were the food giant. What, you don't think they have Google alerts for this sort of thing? At any rate, I'll have something more substantive and less cookie-oriented for you all tomorrow. Happy Friday!

Oreo Cookie Blues by Lonnie Mack on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates