Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Hey Eugene - Pink Martini

-
Unknown

For those of you unfamiliar with the band Pink Martini, Hey Eugene is a completely misleading introduction.  It is, however, a great story song and one that half of the people I knew in college could have written so this is the one you're getting first.

Pink Martinis some closer to a small orchestra than an indie band.  They do a lot of songs in various languages including classics like Que Sera Sera, Tea for Two, and Bolero.  But just when you think you've got them comfortably pigeon-holed they come along with something wholly unexpected like Hey Eugene.

I'll post more from them but for today have a listen and let me know what you think.  Every time I listen to it I think of They Might Be Giants and their Your Racist Friend.  I wonder if the "you" in the song is named Eugene. Maybe I should made this a "Related or Not" post!

My Latest Music Page Updates