Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Hold On, I'm Coming - Various Artists

-
Unknown

Thanks to the posting of Sam and Dave's Hold On, I'm Coming by Butterose I've spend some quality time today listening to a whole mess of covers.  That's also thanks in part to her and her contention that it doesn't get any better than Sam and Dave.  The things I don't do for you, my dears!

At any rate, I've got a nice, round dozen for you to enjoy to day, including the Sam and Dave version, at least one other with Sam, and even an instrumental version from King Crimson.  If that's not enough to pique your interest, I've also got a live version from Aretha Franklin (though she sounds either exhausted or intoxicated, depending how charitable you're feeling), Jerry Lee Lewis, and a fantastic version from Wilson Pickett.

In fact, I arranged the songs to put the soulless versions of Hold On, I'm Coming from Tom Jones and Brian Ferry at the end followed by that Wilson Pickett version to take the bad taste from your mouth.  The BB King cover with Eric Clapton is about twice as long as it needs to be but what are you going to do?  They're jamming and I'll bet a lot of people will absolutely love it, it just didn't do it for me.

As ever, when I post these big lists, I'd love to hear which you like best and whether you have a version of Hold On, I'm Coming that I missed.

My Latest Music Page Updates