Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Rawhide - Various Artists

-
Legbamel Not-Pop

I seem to be addicted to cover songs of late. Today I'd like to share a baker's dozen versions of Rawhide, from the original Frankie Lane version through rock, blues, a capella, and punk, and including the version that absolutely slew my from The Chaps. I've got Johnny Cash and The Blues Brothers, naturally, plus The Tubes, the Dead Kennedys, and a live version from Oingo Boingo with terrible sound quality. What more can I say about a song that everyone knows, even if they don't know they do?

So just enjoy Jello Biafra's distinctive voice, The Coats doing their own commentary and sound effects, and the surf music twist from The Meteors. And if you've a favorite version of Rawhide that I've missed please do let me know. I can always use more frenetic cowboys!

My Latest Music Page Updates