Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Hold Me Back - Michelle Shocked

-
Unknown

I can't believe how long it's been since I mentioned Michelle Shocked. I thought I'd share with you her terrific version of Frankie & Johnny, titled Hold Me Back. It's a bit country-fried in parts, but how can you resist the sentiments, the fantastic voice, and, oh!, those horns?

Now, I've written plenty about Frankie & Johnny but I heard TWO great versions on the radio today and I've got to add them both to the page I linked here. And when I went to see what else I'd posted from Michelle Shocked I discovered that it was only that one, terrific song from so very long ago. So I hereby promise more Shocked and more murderous folks tunes. But not on a Friday.

My Latest Music Page Updates