Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Children - Portugal. The Man

-
Legbamel Not-Pop

Today I present you another example of what an insular, self-directed music life (that means sans commercial radio) leads you to miss. Somewhere along the line Portugal. The Man (which I hate to type because grammatically it makes me want to kick someone) started making really interesting prog-rock music and it went right under (or, more likely, over) my radar.

Now, you may be saying to yourself, "Why is she using parentheses every few words?" That doesn't matter. Let's focus on the music rather than asking questions to which I have no answers. I listened to a pretty good whack of Portugal. The Man's catalog after seeing a social media mention and Children had enough 70s-style fuzz and vocal passion to bring me back a second time so I'm giving it the nod for today. But I think there's enough going on lyrically in their newer stuff that I can't say it's going to be my favorite from them, yet.

I'll definitely be listening (and likely posting) more. (What, you thought I was done writing parenthetically? Ha!) If you have a favorite song from the band please do give me a recommendation.

My Latest Music Page Updates