Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Rev It Up - Deluxetone Rockets

-
Unknown

Sometimes you bump into the most interesting things accidentally. Today I was looking for a Modest Mouse song that the DJ mistakenly titled Rev It Up. I'd heard part of it and wanted to give it another listen. As happens every time I hear a Modest Mouse song that makes me say, "Interesting!" on second listen I thought, "Meh." The lyrics are great but the music just isn't to my taste.

All of which was to explain how I ended up listening to the Deluxetone Rockets and Rev It Up. This one made me say, "Interesting!" twice in a row. In part it's the tempo changes but I really like what they do with the chorus. And if you've read more than two posts here at The NPJ you know I'm a sucker for a name like Deluxetone Rockets. In fact, they've got some other great rockabilly stuff that I may well post later...and they've got horns.

As an apology for my slacker-ness of late (it's just so NICE outside, people) I'm posting both Fire It Up and Rev It Up. Now I'm off to rev up my own stuff. Enjoy!

My Latest Music Page Updates