Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini

-
Unknown

I'm sorry, I can't help it: Devo covered Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini in their own inimitable way and that meant I had to find other covers. Do you really think I'd let you escape the horror? (Apparently I'm having a weekend of horrific cover ideas. These bands will keep giving me fodder.)

What I'm trying to say is that I'm inflicting on...er, sharing with you all such luminaries as Sha Na Na, Neil Sedaka, Brian Hyland (the original artist), Dr. Demento, and The Muppets. I've also included a short steel band version, a Peter Kraus cover in German that's changed it to Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Honolulu Strand Bikini, Die Toten Hosen's cover of that song, a dub remix, and, naturally, Devo's version. Sadly, the Richard Anthony versions in French would not play on Grooveshark but YouTube was happy to help. That makes twelve bikinis in all, and I didn't even touch Teeny Weeny String Bikini. Happy summer, a little early (or late, whichever applies)!


My Latest Music Page Updates