Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Kick It Around - James Hunter

-
Unknown

It's been ages since we've had some British neo-soul from the delectable voice of James Hunter. We can hardly just leave him paired in two round of You Pick the Winner, can we? And so I offer today a fantastic take on starting a relationship: Kick It Around.

The song showcases both the great, almost-rockabilly, soulful sound of James Hunter and tells you a little story. You regular readers know I'm a sucker for a good story. It seems Mr. Hunter has met a woman in whom he is interested. Instead of keeping up the pressure and trying to impress her he simply asks her to kick around the idea of getting more involved with him. You have to respect a guy with enough confidence to stand on his own record. And I can't resist tapping my toes while he does so. Are you chair-dancing yet?

My Latest Music Page Updates