Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

When I Kiss You (I Hear Charlie Parker Playing) - Sparks

-
Unknown

What a lovely, New Wave sort of techno kind of song for a Saturday: When I Kiss You (I Hear Charlie Parker Playing). For those of you unfamiliar with Sparks, you've got four decades' worth of back catalog to learn. They've been cutting the edge since the very early 70s, often in ways that influence a lot of mainstream acts without drawing a lot of attention to the band. They've evolved not as so many truly-creative musicians have, into the lowest common denominator, but along the pathways they choose.

Just wait until I get their latest EP on Grooveshark and you can hear what they released this year. In fact, if I can get the songs lined up I'll do something from early in their career and something brand new so that you can see how far they've come while staying recognizably their weird and wacky selves. Until then, enjoy When I Kiss You (I Hear Charlie Parker Playing). And follow it up with When Smokey Sings. It seems like such a rational progression.

My Latest Music Page Updates