Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

The Spine Surfs Alone - They Might Be Giants

-
Unknown

Just when I think I've heard the weirdest song They Might Be Giants ever recorded I find another album. They've been a prolific pair, producing nineteen full albums in their twenty-five years together. That ignores the dozen compilations and a few promo CDs including one on which they shared digital space with Sonic Youth. Record companies are very strange.

At any rate, I saw this one and had to hear it. I certainly wasn't expecting the sound and they lyrics gave me a good chuckle. I hope you like it and, if you're curious, it's from the 2004 album called "The Spine". I've already decided to buy it based on this song and Skullivan. Now if you'll excuse me I have a few more songs to learn.

My Latest Music Page Updates