Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

It Only Makes Me Laugh - Oingo Boingo

-
Unknown

Sometimes you need a reminder that all of those bad things that happen to you are fleeting, that if you just pick yourself up and move on they can't keep you down. And who better to remind you of that in his own inimitable way than Danny Elfman with Oingo Boingo? Here's a song about all of the horrible things that happen to a man but still he says, "Darkness can never last too long if you laugh in its face."

It Only Makes Me Laugh is a big sing-along song for me when I having a tough day. Five minutes in the car with the volume cranked up never fails to put things in perspective. (Well, four minutes and few seconds but who's counting?) Have a listen and let me know if you agree with my interpretation.

My Latest Music Page Updates