Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Aria della Regina della Notte - Mozart

-
Unknown

It came to my attention recently that not only have I been neglecting to introduce my children to classical music but that I may have awfully high standards for "she can sing" judgments. And so I listened to some of my classical favorites with the family this week explaining to my boys why I loved each of them. All I could say about the Queen of the Night aria from Mozart's fabulous opera, "The Magic Flute", however, was, "I would love to be able to do that just once in my life."

For those of you unfamiliar with opera, I recommend you have a peek at The Magic Flute. The songs are delightful and the story less tragic than the videos for Aria della Regina della Notte would lead you to believe. See some of the interpretations of Papageno if you don't believe me! But regardless of how you feel about opera in general, watch this video and tell you me you aren't awed at what the human voice can do, and has been doing for hundreds of years without the help of computers. [sigh] I love this song.

My Latest Music Page Updates