Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

War Pigs - Bonerama and Hayseed Dixie

-
Unknown

I've considered adding a sub-category of Unfaithful Covers to my Versions tag, here at The Not-Pop Jukebox. In general such genre-bending covers either crack me up or bring a new appreciation of the original song. But I'm too lazy to go through and mark them all. None of that has much to do with the songs I'm posting today except that they are both unfaithful covers of Black Sabbath's War Pigs and that I quite like both of them as different approaches to the original.

Before this morning I hadn't realized quite how many people have covered War Pigs. I chose these two because the Bonerama cover is a glorious mess and the Hayseed Dixie version country-fries it half to death but keeps the anger of the original and because I couldn't bring myself to post anything by Weezer or Ween.

My Latest Music Page Updates