Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Chicken Lickin' - Funk, Inc.

-
Unknown

I've been enjoying some nasty, old-school funk tonight, stretching back into the mid-1970s. That may or may not be why I haven't gotten around to posting all night; I'm not confirming either way. But I had to share Chicken Lickin' with you all, the song that, for me, earned Funk, Inc. their name. I know they had an awful lot of great music but it was this song that made me say, "Oh, yeah!" back in the day, as they say.

If you're a fan of funk (or saxophones) give this one a listen. If you aren't, then you had better hear it. You might change your mind. If you don't behave I'll make you listen to Ceasar Frazier's funky take on Hikky Burr. Aw, who am I kidding? I'll probably post it anyway.

My Latest Music Page Updates