Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Internet Killed the Video Star - The Limousines

-
Unknown

I was writing the other day about the first five videos shown on MTV. For those of you who don't know, the very first song was Video Killed the Radio Star. And there I was practically the next day listening to The Limousines telling me how Internet Killed the Video Star. Who will end this senseless cycle of violence, I ask you?!

Okay, so maybe the songs don't literally mean "kill". But while The Limousines are a little pop-flavored for my taste overall this particular song was right up my alley with its lyrics. It bemoans the fact that kids today (these kids today, I tell you) think they've seen and heard it all and that their processed Velveeta music makes the most of it. Sure, there's some great stuff coming out of unexpected places in this hyper-connected world. But there's also still the same steaming piles of tripe just cheesy enough to trick youngsters into thinking its fresh and new.

If you're sympathetic to this view, that "that drum machine ain't got no soul", then have a listen to Internet Killed the Video Star. If you're not, you're clearly on the wrong blog. I love it when you visit anyway, though.

My Latest Music Page Updates