Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Little Old Lady from Pasadena - The Beach Boys

-
Unknown

I was listening to The Little Old Lady from Pasadena today and I thought the song would make a great fourth installment of the Fast and Furious franchise. (They’re up to four, right? I’m not a fan of scantily-clad women fawning over guys with ugly cars, though the racing parts are fun to watch.) At any rate, picture big, tough Vin Diesel getting his butt kicked by a little old lady (in a bright red, super-stock Dodge). Of course, some intrigue would have to follow, saving the woman from threatening drug dealers who want her car or some such foolishness, but there the Beach Boys and this frail-looking lady would be in the midst of the underground racing scene.

Imagine the surprise on the faces of the guys who think themselves the manliest men because they can outrace each other in their aluminum cans when this lady breaks out a beast of a muscle car and slaughters them all. Now that I’d watch. Maybe she could give the young ladies standing around in hooker outfits a piece of her mind between runs, too. While I daydream about the movie of her life, have a listen to The Little Old Lady from Pasadena. I’m thinking Betty White…

My Latest Music Page Updates