Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Beat Me Daddy (Eight to the Bar) - Will Bradley & His Orchestra

-
Unknown

Until I went looking for a version of this song to post, I'd never heard it performed by a male vocalist. Sure, I'd heard The Andrews Sisters (whose performance of this one is remarkably soulless, I think) and I own a terrific recording by Deanne Bogard, but, though I know the slang isn't as gender-specific as it may sound, I never thought of a man singing it. As Grooveshark didn't have the version I do, I listened to a few others. I like this one the best of my choices there, in part because of the boogie woogie piano at the beginning, a little demonstration of the eight to the bar in question. I still like the title, though. It conjures all sorts of naughty images.

My Latest Music Page Updates