Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Father's Day Mix - Various Artists

-
Unknown

I apologize for the dearth of posts this week. In a plea for forgiveness, I bring you the Daddy Day Mix to tickle your ears. It's got a little something for everyone. I've included Was, Not Was with Dad I'm in Jail as a classic, Go Daddy O from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy as a two-fer for you swing fans, Mindless Self Indulgence yowling about Daddy, and Howlin' Wolf, Clifton Chenier, and James Brown. Don't miss Angelique Kidjo's Papa, while you're here.

All told, I've gotten together a baker's dozen male-parent-related tracks, skipping the ones that are sappy, cruel, or explicit. I did include Papa Legba, not because it's about a father but because, well, look at my name. My children have requested that I include If I Could Fart Like My Father as well, sheerly for entertainment value, so it rounds out the list below. Happy Father's Day to you dads out there.

My Latest Music Page Updates