Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Little Guns - Oingo Boingo

-
Unknown

It's been a couple of month since I inflicted any Oingo Boingo on you fine folks. I thought I'd share one of my favorite examples of what drew me to Danny Elfman and company so long ago. The picture of this Lilliputian army, so vividly drawn, makes absolutely no sense. Surely, you think, there must be social commentary about military service or rabid patriotism without reflection. Danny Elfman usually had something relevant to say about the state of American society.

If there is a moral, I've never been able to find a hint of it. I've probably listened to this song five hundred times over the course of the past twenty-three years and it's just a beautiful little piece of the bizarre. What more could you need, really, on a lazy Saturday morning than a perfect cartoon image that leads you nowhere but your next cup of coffee? It'll definitely do for me.

My Latest Music Page Updates