Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Jailer - Asa

-
Unknown

As a part of my recent page about songs with one word in the title, I was listening to Asa and her beautiful, haunting song Jailer. I feel a bit silly including such a wide player for possible the shortest title/artist combo I've ever posted, but I definitely wanted to ahare the song with you all. The purity of her voice and vision make this such an enjoyable song and such a favorite from the Nigerian songstress's debut album. The self-titled disc was released fourteen months ago, but I wouldn't want to rush into recommendations, you know. (Actually, I thought I'd posted this song long ago.) Have a listen and get yourself a copy of the album. Asa has a lot to say and she says it in the loveliest way.

My Latest Music Page Updates