Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Funky Ceili - Black 47

-
Unknown

Thank heaven's it's finally St. Patrick's Day and I can share some Black 47 with you all. I think of these folks as an Irish ska-punk band even though I know that the lead singer is an ex-pat and the rest of the guys are American. I'm not that fussed about where they're from, just how they sound. In a word, they sound great. Funky Céilí is loosely based on the lead singers own life but has to be a lot more fun than the actual events were for him. Grab a green beer or two and get ready to dance around like a leprechaun who just found some gold, ladies and gents! And if you've not heard Black 47 before, I highly recommend that you find more to enjoy. Happy Saint Paddy's Day!

My Latest Music Page Updates