Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Mandolin Concerto in C Major - Vivaldi

-
Unknown

I'm posting something a little unusual today, because I've done something unusual. I bought a mandolin. I'm going to be writing about my experiences, both in purchasing the instrument and the accessories I am certain to need and in learning to play a stringed instrument from complete ignorance. Facing a completely new way to read music intimidates me quite a bit, but watching things like an orchestra of mandolins, lutes, guitars, and other strings play the first movement of Vivaldi's Mandolin Concerto in C Major gives me hope that I can at least play Mary Had a Little Lamb in a recognizable way someday soon. I'll likely never be a bluegrass or classical pro, but I'm hoping that I can at least learn to sound like I know what I'm doing.

My Latest Music Page Updates