Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Snowball - The Dirty Dozen Brass Band

-
Unknown

Now that we've finished the best November weather ever around here, it's time for the snow to fly. Wait...there it is! In honor of the first snow of the winter, I thought I'd post a snow song. Unfortunately, people make really mellow music about snow unless they're violent heavy metal bands singing about blood in the snow. I don't like either of those things, but I did find this more-upbeat number from The Dirty Dozen Brass Band. The name gives you a pretty good indication of the sound--not really New Orleans jazz but close and filled with horns.

2 Responses so far.

  1. NIce. I am a huge jazz music lover.

  2. Unknown says:

    Thanks. I am, as well, and these guys are a lot of fun. In re-reading the post, I should have specified that the name of the band gives you a clue to their sound, not the name of the song. Sorry if I confused anyone! :D

My Latest Music Page Updates