Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Around the Bend - The Asteriods Galaxy Tour

-
Unknown

I thought I'd posted this one long ago, but a quick search of The Not-Pop Jukebox brought me no joy. I'm frankly surprised, because I've been enjoying Around the Bend for months, now. It's a bouncy, slinky, quirky little tune, sung by Mette Lindberg, whose voice gets on my nerves in some of the band's other songs but which suits this one beautifully. Actually, in Sunshine Coolin' she rather reminds me of Amy Winehouse, for whom they opened last year, but that doesn't hold true for this one. Perhaps if you crossed Ms. Winehouse with The Cranberries you'd get closer to the sound of most of their music. Most of their songs make me think Animal Alpha's song Bundy, so I'll have to post that sometime as well so you can see if they remind you of each other, as well.

Regardless of they sound, this is simply a happy song, great for singing at the top of your lungs in the car and for chair dancing on a crappy day at the office. Imagine my chagrin when I discovered that Around the Bend was used in an iPod commercial, which means that you likely have heard at least clips of it before. I'm hanging my head in shame, but I still like the song and I'm posting it anyway.

My Latest Music Page Updates