Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Hellzapoppin' - Louis Armstrong

-
Unknown

Some songs just make you feel good. Louis Armstrong's Hellzapoppin' happens to be one of them - a great little Dixieland number about partying all night long. The song was the opener for a risque Broadway musical in the late 1930s and a movie of the same name released in 1941, neither of which involved Louis Armstrong as far as I can tell, but if the song is any indication of how much fun the full production was to watch I can understand why it ran for so long. I know that some of the lyrics for that show were written by Oscar Hammerstein, but I couldn't find any specific information on whether Hellzapoppin' was one of them.

None of that really matters, though, if you just like a good song. If you're a fan of Louis Armstrong or Dixieland, I hope you'll like this one as much as I do.

My Latest Music Page Updates