Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Erasers - The States

-
Unknown

I love songs that wear the sounds of other bands on their musical sleeves. When I first heard Erasers, I thought of a few bands. Lyrically, the song reminded me of Oingo Boingo. For a time, the vocals made me think of Bellybutton, specifically their song Bedspring Kiss. The music of the song lives squarely in the indie camp, calling to mind several bands from the past twenty years. But The States have put together a sound all their own, regardless of how many other groups the pieces may resemble. Erasers comes from their EP due out September 22, 2009.

2 Responses so far.

  1. I well have to look for that when it comes out.

  2. Unknown says:

    I know I will. Thanks for stopping by The NPJ!

My Latest Music Page Updates