Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Tommy Gun - The Clash

-
Unknown

I know that I just posted a song from The Clash a few days ago, but I have been exploring Facebook (check out my fancy new widget in the sidebar!) and thus sucked into Mafia Wars. I pop in once or twice a day and every time I do I end up with Tommy Gun stuck in my head. That’s good, because it gives me a break from Midnight Star. (Be warned: if that one is still stuck in my head tomorrow I will inflict it upon you all with no compunction.)

Although it’s one of my favorites, you can only listen to any song so many times before you want to start banging your head upon your desk. My hope is that, having released Tommy Gun into the wild, I can make room for other gangster-related tunes. If you’ve got any suggestions, other than the French Mafia Theme from “The Triplets of Belleville”, I’d love to hear them. At the very least, I can imagine that other people are suffering the same earworm fate as I every time they check out their inventory.

2 Responses so far.

  1. I'd like to nominate the Specials song "Gangsters" It is a great bit of 80's British Ska music from the cultural hotch potch of Birmingham, Britain's second city and home to the first wave of Caribbean immigration into Britain in the early sixties.
    A lot of newspapers and right wing politicians predicted racial violence and blood on the streets but what we actually got was the cross fusion of cultures that resulted in bands like the specials.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqRF8lUOpcY

  2. Unknown says:

    I love the Specials, too, and that's a terrific song. Thanks for the recommendations (and for returning againd and again)! I have an Ivan Jones one this weekend, I think.

My Latest Music Page Updates