Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Soon As I Get Paid - Keb' Mo'

-
Unknown

In listening to Keb' Mo' and his song, Soon As I Get Paid, I was struck by how many more people can sympathize with this song than would have a few years ago. I thought I'd post it, for those of you suffering from the economic downturn. If you don't like the song, you can put a clip of it on your voice mail for the benefit of collection agencies who don't seem to understand that, “I have no money,” means, “I cannot pay you today or tomorrow (or any of the other seventeen times you will call me over the next week).”

For those of you who just like a good, bluesy jam and have not found yourselves between an electric bill and a hard place yet, Keb' Mo' is just a great musician and songwriter. In fact, that holds true even if Soon As I Get Paid does remind you uncomfortably of some recent conversations.

Buy Soon As I Get Paid

My Latest Music Page Updates