Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Diggin' Me - Martin Sexton

-
Unknown

Today, I'm sharing one of my most favorite of songs. It was my first introduction to Martin Sexton, and what a fabulous way to meet a new singer/songwriter it is. Diggin' Me is jazzy, with a some steel guitar and a terrific muted trumpet impression just before the two-minute mark (on the album version, anyway). When first I heard it, I assumed that it must be quite old, until the verse about meeting at the ATM. It has the feel of a song that's been around forever, lovingly performed.

Diggin' Me
is one of the few songs that can make me say, “Awww, that's sweet,” without being cloying and overly-effusive. It's a lovely little love song more about enjoying someone's company than creepy obsession. I've posted the lyrics for Diggin' Me elsewhere. It makes me smile every time I hear it.
Diggin Me (LP Version) - DANNY KORTCHMAR
While you can't buy the individual tracks, you can pick up the album, The American.

My Latest Music Page Updates