Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Diablo Rojo - Rodrigo y Gabriela

-
Unknown

As a rule, I prefer studio versions over live performances. Rodrigo y Gabriela’s Diablo Rojo, however, is the exception that proves the rule. I don’t know if it’s the energy, the audience, or just the sheer enjoyment you can feel with every slap or strum, but this song absolutely blew me away. It reminded me a bit of the Al Di Meola-Paco De Lucia-John McLaughlin sound on “Friday Night in San Francisco”, my favorite live acoustic guitar album of all time. (Were those enough qualifiers for you, or should I add a few more?) You can listen to the album version here, and you can download the live version for free from http://www.spinner.com/2008/12/03/rodrigo-y-gabriela-diablo-rojo-live-free-mp3-of-the-day/ Spinner, where it was the mp3 of the day on December 3rd. Either way, Diablo Rojo works as an excellent antidote from the sappy, sluggish holiday hits you’ve probably heard more than enough times this season.


Buy the Live Version

My Latest Music Page Updates