Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Somebody Told Me - The Killers

-
Unknown

As The Killers have a new album on its way in the immediate future, I thought I should post a little something from their last one. I realized that I’ve posted a mash-up of Somebody Told Me but that I’ve never posted about the song itself.

I’m somewhat embarrassed to admit how much of my outside-my-comfort-zone music I’ve stumbled onto through video games, either directly or through an introduction to the artist. Somebody Told Me is no exception to that personal genre. Happily, the song stands up on its own, without being played hourly while you’re driving a car very, very quickly through an imaginary city.

Have fun with Somebody Told Me, from their 2004 album "Hot Fuss", and if you get a chance to listen to Joy Ride off of their newest album, strategically leaked for early release, give that one a shot as well. Not all of their songs show as much energy and creativity, but these two make The Killers a band worth hearing.
Somebody Told Me - The Killers
Buy Somebody Told Me
Buy Joy Ride (after November 24th)

One Response so far.

  1. Rory says:

    First album ROCKED ... nothing really since. Shame.

My Latest Music Page Updates