Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Mama, Look a Boo Boo - Harry Belafonte/Nat Cole

-
Unknown

Every once in a while, you stumble over something that simply makes you happy. Today, I discovered this video and I’ve been smiling every since. Imagine, watching Harry Belafonte and Nat "King" Cole, goofing around and having fun on-stage, together. I had forgotten that Nat Cole had a television show in the 1950s. Of course he would have invited the delightful, and hugely popular, Harry Belafonte to perform with him. But to discover a video of them, together, fooling around with such a silly song while still displaying that talent makes me remember why music holds such fascination for me. I’m always finding some new (or new-to-me) facet of it to enjoy. I have a soca version of this song from The Bahamas and a Harry Belafonte version, but I think this one stole the “favorite” spot. What I wouldn’t give for a time machine, on days like this, to go see such performances in person.

Buy Mama, Look A Boo Boo

My Latest Music Page Updates