Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel

-
Unknown

Years ago, I found a box of records in my parents' garage, including Simon and Garfunkel's "The Concert in Central Park" from 1982. Considering that this happened only a few years after the fact, I can't imagine how the record came to be there in the first place, but there it was, right next to the album released ten years before, "Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits". I popped them onto the turntable and was introduced to great folk music, a major departure from The Clash, Oingo Boingo, and Suicidal Tendencies that I normally played in those heady days of youth.

Cecilia was the song that, from that day to this, stuck in my head the deepest. I love the song so much that I've made a page dedicated to cover versions of it. While I've heard (and even own) dozens of covers, the original reigns supreme. Just hearing the introduction for Cecilia makes me smile. Happy Saturday! Have a smile, yourself.
Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel
Buy Cecilia

My Latest Music Page Updates