Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

When You Were Mine Covers

-
Unknown

A creepy, freaky stalker song that may actually go on my Top Ten list of ominous love songs, Prince's When You Were Mine goes well beyond nostalgia into the territory of somewhat threatening. One person performing it would be creepy enough but I found a few versions of this stalker anthem, including the delightfully mournful ukulele version from Dent May.

I've included versions of When You Were Mine from Tegan and Sara, Cindi Lauper, Ani DeFranco, and Casiotone for the Painfully Alone to round out the list. That makes five full covers and the original Prince tune for your creeped-out stalker enjoyment. The idea that so many people thought this was a love song worth repeating strikes me as a little bizarre, but what are you going to do?

When You Were Mine by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates