Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Good Times (3 Stroke) - Robert Randolph

-
Unknown

After the funk overdose yesterday, I just had to keep the groove going. Robert Randolph and the Family Band do a serious boogie on Good Times (3 Stroke). Just as you're settling in to the rhythm they throw you off at a minute twenty and then dive right back in, noodling around for bit and then another off-kilter jam.

Good Times is essentially an instrumental with rudimentary lyrics that basically say, "We're gonna have a good time." Then they do. And, not to beat that dead horse until it cries uncle, but songs like this are the reason I really, really want Prince to play with Robert Randolph. Seriously, can you imagine them trading solos on this piece for an hour and a half? I'd pay to see it, I can tell you that much.

Uh, just have a listen and let me know what you think. That hobby horse never did want anyone to ride it.

Good Times (3 Stroke) by Robert Randolph on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates