Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Let's Hang On - Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

-
Unknown

For no apparent reason, Let's Hang On popped into my head this afternoon and has been chasing me around town for hours. That creepy, Frankie Valli falsetto just pipes right through all my attempts at removing it.

Thus, my darlings, I'm inflicting it on you all. It's a perfectly serviceable pop tune from the mid-60s, a pretty good indication of against what the hippies were rebelling, perhaps. Seriously, what was going on with all those high-voiced guys of the 50s and 60s? How on earth was Wayne Newton ever popular? You cannot see my shudder at that last sentence but trust me, it was there.

None of which should mislead you into believing that I dislike Let's Hang On. And for those of you who missed the long fascination with falsetto that was pop music fifty-odd years ago, this is a pretty good taste of the sock-hop era. Enjoy!

Let's Hang On by The Four Seasons on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates