Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

You Can Sell Anything - Das Racist by Diplo

-
Unknown

I've been sitting on this one for a while, trying to decide if I really like You Can Sell Anything. In part my indecision is based in the kid- and stoner-friendly Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell (which I apparently haven't posted) for which Das Racist became so well known last year. Don't get me wrong, that one sticks in my head and is sung by my family often, but it does make it a bit more difficult to take them seriously.

Yet Das Racist has plenty of serious things to say, if you give them a chance. The other part of the reason I wasn't sure about posting You Can Sell Anything grew from the fact that I couldn't tell if I was surprised by the tone of the lyrics rather than liking the song itself. After due consideration, and having forgotten about this draft sitting around waiting to be posted, I thought I'd share the song and you can let me know what you think.

My Latest Music Page Updates