Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Do Me Right - Duke Robillard

-
Unknown

It's Blues Fest weekend in Fargo. In celebration of that fact, please accept this fabulous offering from Duke Robillard, the man who graces the stage right now. And no, I'm not there. I'm at home with my lovely and loving children who cannot be bribed to spend an entire Friday evening being considerate of others in an open-air concert setting. But I have the line-up memorized and I am enjoying a virtual concert of the participants right here in my living room.

That's neither here nor there. The point is that the man himself is playing less than two miles from me right this moment and he has a new album out to share with audiences to boot. He's included a fantastic take on the standard Ain't Nobody's Business and an unrecognizable but amazing instrumental version of Frankie and Johnny mixed with originals. Sunny Crownover provides the vocals on the former and several other tracks on the album. I only hope Robillard decides to play with his former band, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, who are also hanging around town for the weekend, and that they take a run through Do Me Right while they're at it.

My Latest Music Page Updates