Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Cissy Strut - The Dirty Dozen Brass Band

-
Unknown

In obsessing over...I mean thinking about yesterday's proposal for a Prince/Robert Randolph collaboration, I've been listening to a pile and a half of great songs featuring Robert Randolph. I know that he's played with a bunch of people, but I hadn't really sought out too many of the songs. I don't know that I'd name this one as my absolute favorite, but I do know that it's a rockin' song and puts all dozen of the dirty brass to use. As I'd never heard it before, I thought you might like it as much as I do. I'm still working on a debate page for getting him into the studio with Prince, but in the meantime enjoy this one. I'll post a link when I've got a place ready for you to tell me what an idiot I am (or not).

One Response so far.

  1. This is a great version of a brilliant track - I feel a funky Sunday coming on.

My Latest Music Page Updates