Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Olympic Song - Stompin' Tom Connors

-
Unknown

In case you missed the opening ceremonies last night, the Winter Olympics have begun. Naturally, that means a song of Olympic proportions, or at least one that includes the word in the title. Along the way in that search, I uncovered Stompin' Tom Connors, who, I must say, I am shocked made no appearance in the ceremonies. Sure, he just celebrated his 74th birthday, but at the very least they could have played his Olympic Song when the torch bearers were just standing around waiting for the technical difficulties with the cauldron to be resolved. He is a famous Canadian, after all, and likely younger than the figure skating that carried in the Olympic flag.

[Note: In cased you missed it, I now have pages up for my posts listed by artist and by song title. They need (a lot of) polishing polishing but they've got 450 songs listed up through about a week ago. Let me know if you see any really egregious typos (like the one where I reversed the song and artist names). Thanks!]

My Latest Music Page Updates