Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Smoke Rings - KD Lang

-
Unknown

As it’s the first almost-summer day of the year, here, today would be a perfect day to lounge about in the back yard with a pitcher of iced tea, an enormous book, and a cigarette. In honor of that lovely idea, I’m including the dreamiest version of Smoke Rings, from the velvet-voiced KD Lang. The song appeared on her album “Drag” which was filled with songs celebrating smoking, with some bonus coffee loving thrown in for kicks. It was likely the least politically-correct album released in 1997, as the US tobacco settlement fights were reaching fever pitch before the agreement in 1998. I don’t care what kind of music you usually like, you can’t deny that KD Lang has a beautiful voice, perfectly suited to torch songs like this one.


By the way, I just noticed that this is my 200th post! Had I realized, I'd have prepared something a little more celebratory. In lieu of that, please accept my, "Woo hoo!" and my thanks for your readership and comments. This has been a lot of fun and I look forward to keeping it up for hundreds more songs to come.

My Latest Music Page Updates