Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

You Really Got Me - The Kinks and Others

-
Unknown

You really can't beat a good cover of a great song. Today, I recall to you The Kinks and their iconic, 1960s hit You Really Got Me. If you haven't sat down and listened to several versions of this song, you've missed out on some groups, like Oingo Boingo and Sly and the Family Stone, that have taken the song and made it their own, as well as others who have stayed close to the original while still being recognizable, like Van Halen and Robots in Disguise. If I've missed a good cover of the song, please drop me a note. As for me, while I love the original Kinks song, the Oingo Boingo cover is the one that sticks in my head. Which is your favorite?

Buy The Kinks' You Really Got Me
Buy Oingo Boingo's You Really Got Me
Buy Van Halen's You Really Got Me

One Response so far.

  1. Rory says:

    When that title comes to mind, all I can hear is David Lee Roth and Van Halen.

    Classic.

My Latest Music Page Updates