Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

My Balloon - Men without Pants

-
Unknown

Apparently, Men without Pants has sailed beneath the blog radar, for the most part, both with their initial, self-titled, 2006 release and last year's expanded version of it, “Naturally”. This despite the amazing list of guest stars on that album, including the ever-interesting Cibo Matto, Mooney Suzuki, the popular Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Sean Lennon. The first album is out of print (although you can buy the mp3 version) and “Naturally” isn't even available on Amazon. All I wanted, in looking for information on the band, was to know who sings with them on My Balloon. One blog speculated that Cibo Matto graced the song, but I could find no confirmation or disagreement. Thanks to the comment below from Alex, from Expansion Team Records, however, I can tell you that it is Gillian Rivers. Huzzah!

It seems strange to me that a relatively long-standing project, with well-known members Russell Simins and Dan “The Automator” Nakamura and with such stellar guest members, has received so little press, doubly so when they create such good music. If anyone knows who's singing on My Balloon, please let me know.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Gillian Rivers (currently on tour with The Pierces, and string arranger for the latest Yeah Yeah Yeah's album)is the vocalist on My Balloon (and .

    "Naturally" will be available digitally April 7, and in stores April 21.

    Thanks for digging!

    Alex
    Expansion Team Records

  2. Unknown says:

    And thank you for letting me know! I'm going to edit the post to include the information.

My Latest Music Page Updates